Monday, September 15, 2008

This Just In...

I have been a resident of Martinez since 1991. I have lived in downtown Martinez since 1987. I have been a homeowner in downtown Martinez since 1989. Why have I provided you all these dates...?

I have been a dog owner since I stepped foot into this town. Currently I have 3 dogs and 1 cat. I have walked many miles with my dogs around the streets of Martinez. We have attended Classic car shows, Peddler Faires, and MYBSA parades on Main Street. We have even entered them in the PedsWalk, Mutt Strutt and MEF 5K race/walk. Our dogs have spent many nights leaning on the wall near Bertolo's watching the Beavers. They have met many a good "canine" pal sitting in front of Starbucks with us.

But when it comes to having off leash privileges we have to put them in our truck and transport them to P.H. Paso Nagal dog park or W.C. Heather Farms dog park. It's time that our canine family members have a place to romp in Martinez as well as our children have a right to have playgrounds and organized sports opportunities. Many of our children are raising, training and walking these family dogs with us as well.

We have a Bond Measure coming on November’s ballot that specifically includes Martinez. We need to have Martinez City Council include their canine residents in their forward plan for these Contra Costa Parks Bond monies. There has got to be a spot in one of our many existing parks that could be re-configured to include an Off Leash Dog Park for our four legged canine Martinez Residents.

HJackson, downtown Martinez resident...

No comments: